Community Members sought to join IAS Membership
Published on 19th of Jul, 2018
The Illawarra Academy of Sport seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced residents from the Wollongong, Shellharbour, Wingecarribee and Shoalhaven Local Government Areas to fill positions of Community Members on the Illawarra Academy of Sport.
The Board is responsible for governance oversight of the Academy and its strategic direction.
The role of a Community Member is to be a part of the IAS Membership.
The Board which has the responsibility of controlling and managing the affairs of the IAS, is elected from that membership.
Applications are to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7 August 2018
- Please provide a CV with referees included
- Please outline (approximately one paragraph for each):
- A demonstrated level of experience or interest in sport as either an administrator, manager, coach, official or representative of your sport(s)
- How that experience could assist in the development of the Illawarra Academy of Sport’s Strategic Direction
- What specific skills you may be able to bring to the Academy as a Community Representative for your local area
- The successful applicants will be required to:
- Promote the Academy’s interests at all times
- Seek to accurately represent the interests of your local community through the Academy
- Contribute to the development of the Academy’s direction through attendance and contribution at Member meetings (3 per year) and occasionally Board meetings (approximately 7 per year)
- Represent the Academy at various official functions
- Enhance the link between the Academy and the local associations, councils and businesses.
Click here to download the application form, then scan and return by email.
For further information please contact the CEO, John Armstrong directly on 0412 257 990 or via email at email@example.com