The IAS / SESA Swimming Program will help deliver an effective program that assists identified athletes to access quality technical and educational development opportunities delivered by professional providers in a well-managed and controlled environment within the IAS and SESA operational regions.
The IAS / SESA Swimming Program will provide support services to improve athlete development with a view to:
- Improve the performance of identified talented athletes
- Enhance opportunities for selection into state performance squads and state teams / squads;
- Increase the level of success of those athletes at competition and events;
- Increase athlete exposure to sports science and personal development and education;
- Provide coach development opportunities for IAS / SESA Swimming coaches in the squad
The IAS along with its sponsors and supporters covers the majority of the costs associated with the sports scholarship program. Scholarship athletes may however be required to contribute to some additional components of the program such as camps and tours.
New athletes are required to purchase the basic IAS Uniform which while partly subsidized by the IAS, is a cost to the athlete
Qualifiers for the Australian National Age Championships that did NOT make finals (Top 10) in Olympic events
Qualifiers for the Australian Open (Club) Championships that did NOT make finals (Top 10) in Olympic events
Qualifiers for Australian Open & Age Open Water Championships that made the Top 10 in their age group (regardless of visitors)
- Australian Age Championships 14 – 17 years of age at date of championships
- Australian Club Championships 18 - 21 years of age at date of championships
- Open Water Swimming Championships – 14 – 21 years of age as of 31st December 2019
- Australian Age Championships 13 - 16 years of age at date of championships
- Australian Club Championships 17 – 20 years of age at date of championships
Open Water Swimming Championships 14 – 20 years of age as of 31st December 2019
Athletes can be based anywhere within the South Eastern Swimming Association (SNSW SESA) region incorporating Illawarra Academy of Sport and South East Sports Academy geographical areas.
Athletes must meet the above selection criteria.
The IAS / SESA Swimming Program is proudly partnered by Swimming NSW